XenPorta Improvements addon

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

Bastty

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wonder if in future, will be possible to see a step-by-step (how-to) post about how to make/post an article/feature with XenPorta.
I use it on my forum and in future I want to promote few users like Authors so they have to know how to make an article/features.
Thank you very much.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wonder if in future, will be possible to see a step-by-step (how-to) post about how to make/post an article/feature with XenPorta.
I use it on my forum and in future I want to promote few users like Authors so they have to know how to make an article/features.
Thank you very much.
Absolutely!
In addition to expanding the Documentation center here at the site (for both themes and new addons), a new Blog will be rolling out soon which will focus on helpful articles and walk-throughs for many things Xenforo related. I will certainly keep your topic in mind :)

In the meantime, here's a few basics to help get you started:

Depending on your site structure and goals, it may or may not be ideal to create matching XenPorta article categories per the forum nodes which articles come from. For example, if you have an Outdoors related forum and have a Fishing subforum, you may want to create a Fishing XenPorta category.

If a category within XenPorta will source its articles from multiple forum nodes, then this isn't required.

I prefer having matching categories/nodes as this makes it easier to simply set the forum node to Auto-Promote (via Admin -> Options -> XenPorta 2 Pro), so new threads will always prompt to be turned into articles. Again though, this depends on your site.

For article icon/thumbnails, you should attach an image to the thread itself (though inserting it into the post isn't required when writing the post).

When promoting to an article, you can choose this attachment as the "Article Icon". After saving the article promotion, you can then promote the article to a Feature by clicking on the thread moderator popup menu "..." in the article/thread itself, and selecting "Promote to Feature".

Note that at this step, you must now supply a new feature image, which may be different than the attachment in the thread's post (I prefer to use high-res banners pre-saved in proper dimensions for my front-end Feature Slider, to avoid image scaling effects, not to mention file size).

After saving, you should not see the article and Feature banner appear on your front-end slideshow!

Let me know if you have any trouble following this guide, again I will have a more visual guided blog post coming soon.

Regards
-Robert

Bastty

Reaction score
Levery guide @Nulumia . Thank you very much guys. Very helpful, I will keep in mid all your suggestions and do it like that.
BIG LIKE GUYS!