XenPorta Improvements: 1.0.2 Amazing New Sneak Peek

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!
After initial launch, our XenPorta Improvements addon has gone on to become one of the most popular Xenforo products at Nulumia. While the addon has already added numerous new features to XenPorta, the latest update is looking to pack a mind-blowing amount of additions.

Version 1.0.2 will introduce a new overhaul to the way XenPorta handles article listings. Where originally you can only enable or disable a simple masonry grid, this version will turn masonry into a single option among many new layouts. The last version of XenPorta Improvements introduced a new horizontal list, but things aren't stopping there.

New designs take inspiration from a variety of classic and popular blog layouts, such as you'd find on other platforms such as Wordpress. Included are the new large horizontal row and alternating row listings, along with other classical stacked layouts and floating entries.

These are just samples of what to expect, but there's more layouts awaiting the new release. In addition, you'll find a new widget which achieves the very common but somehow missing layout, with article thumbnail and snippet:

xenporta-article-widget-simple.jpg

Using an appearance identical to many compact entries you'll find on non-Xenforo websites, you can finally add this type of widget to your forum. What's more, it works great in footer column layouts such as used in Nulumia themes or by other providers.

Another must-have, Version 1.0.2 adds a handy "Previous / Up Next" navigation to the bottom of articles, which is already being used here at Nulumia.com. No more having to click out to the article list to find what you're looking for! And of course with the attention to detail behind Nulumia products, this feature and many more come with full Style Properties to adjust every aspect within your theme.

article-navigation-preview.jpg

Speaking of options, article thumbnails have also received numerous new hover effects and image filters, giving you amazing control over the front-end appearance. Here's a sneak peek using the new image filter sets being rolled out into many current Nulumia addons:

xenporta-new-image-effects.jpg

You can use as few - or as many! - of these options as you like, to best suit your theme. Available image filters include (with more added over time):
  • Brightness
  • Contrast
  • Saturate
  • Desaturate
  • Sepia
  • Colorshift
  • Intensify
  • Opacity
If this wasn't enough, there's still one more thing to show for now - Nulumia's exclusive new Mosaic Slider system. Currently being developed as a modular slider feature to be included in numerous upcoming addons, Mosaic Slider will make its first debut in XenPorta Improvements 1.0.2.

xenporta-mosaic-slider-preview.jpg
Mosaic Slider fits right in alongside the bundled BX Slider found in XenPorta. You can change between sliders wherever you like, or use Mosaic Slider everywhere - it's up to you. Inspired from a design trend found at many current news websites, Mosaic Slider alternates between a 1-segment (full), 2-segment (split), and 3-segment (mosaic) layout with each slide. And of course like the Featured Slider found in XenPorta, you can deploy this edition anywhere to pull automatically from featured content in their respective categories.

Believe it or not, that's not all that's going into this and further updates to XenPorta Improvements. And as always, this addon will remain absolutely free to use with an active XenPorta license.

Excited for the update? Have an idea or suggestion? Comment below with your thoughts!

Comments

Motobaka
Don’t know if just me, but I can’t seem to be able to see the pictures.

Nulumia
@Nulumia, I don't see the new version, when will it get released?
It's its final stages, I ended up integrating a pretty major change which was originally planned for the following release. This feature adds dedicated and fully resized icons for articles, so there's no more huge images clogging up the article lists.

It's a pretty massive change to XenPorta but I felt it's better to get this rolled out earlier than later.

D
It's its final stages, I ended up integrating a pretty major change which was originally planned for the following release. This feature adds dedicated and fully resized icons for articles, so there's no more huge images clogging up the article lists.

It's a pretty massive change to XenPorta but I felt it's better to get this rolled out earlier than later.
Love your add-on, hope it will get release soon.

Nulumia
Love your add-on, hope it will get release soon.
Well, just hit a MAJOR update. I hadn't expected this feature to make it in, but the resized/responsive article icon feature will be going into the new version.

It's a fairly big rework of the XenPorta icon system, where new dedicated icons can be uploaded for each article and will be processed into wide/medium/small thumbnails in 16:9 format, 4:3 etc, and loaded in via srcset. This means NO MORE massive images loading in on article lists, causing page size and loading times to shoot through the roof.

I'll unveil more of how this works when the update's live.

Search articles

Follow us

Members online

No members online now.

Latest articles