What's new

XenCMS [Xenforo Themes]

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Serpius, when I've checked over the Sharree site you mentioned, it's been down for maintenance so waiting for it to come back up so I can check further. On a simple level, most of what you describe could likely be achieved with XFMG and existing XF features or available addons.

But like Bob said, to achieve very specific functionality, yes you'd either have to modify things or just scrap and develop an addon from scratch. Obviously if you could compromise or modify some of your goals around XFMG, it could potentionally save a ton of time and cost.

My question is how do you plan to allow monetization of submitted media? Is there a main method or several methods such as ecommerce or affiliate linking, etc? This would then guide functionality required by either addons or customization.

The way I see it is the rough tools are there in isolated bits to achieve your idea. There is XFMG, there is built-in membership upgrades and paid groups, advanced permissions, and there are monetization addons available. The trick is deciding if, and how, to bring those unrelated parts together to achieve the larger goal - or simply building a streamlined addon.

Serpius

Serpius, when I've checked over the Sharree site you mentioned, it's been down for maintenance so waiting for it to come back up so I can check further. On a simple level, most of what you describe could likely be achieved with XFMG and existing XF features or available addons.

But like Bob said, to achieve very specific functionality, yes you'd either have to modify things or just scrap and develop an addon from scratch. Obviously if you could compromise or modify some of your goals around XFMG, it could potentionally save a ton of time and cost.

My question is how do you plan to allow monetization of submitted media? Is there a main method or several methods such as ecommerce or affiliate linking, etc? This would then guide functionality required by either addons or customization.

The way I see it is the rough tools are there in isolated bits to achieve your idea. There is XFMG, there is built-in membership upgrades and paid groups, advanced permissions, and there are monetization addons available. The trick is deciding if, and how, to bring those unrelated parts together to achieve the larger goal - or simply building a streamlined addon.
OK, that is the kind of answer that I have been looking for.

Can we take this further in private Conversation?

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
OK, that is the kind of answer that I have been looking for.

Can we take this further in private Conversation?
Sure - while I don't have much experience administrating paid memberships on XF, I can definitely offer advice on other areas.