• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

ChrisTERiS

Reaction score
Hello,

1.- What syntax do I need to use to add the slider in a page node to get the full width of the block?
2.- How I can remove the animation (push to the right) on Categories widget?

Thank you
Chris

Last edited:

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

1.- What syntax do I need to use to add the slider in a page node to get the full width of the block?
2.- How I can remove the animation (push to the right) on Categories widget?

Thank you
Chris
Hi Chris, these two should be fairly easy.
1. This depends on the slider you're deploying. Nulumia themes come with Flexslider 2 and Slick carousel, and both can be deployed onto groups of content dynamically. If you're referring to the logo icons or featured widgets (Slick slider), you may try using the "Stretch to edge of content" checkbox within that slider's Style Property group.

If you're dynamically creating a carousel using the Slick macro which I supplied earlier, It should be easy to stretch simply with some CSS:
Less:
.yoursliderelement {
    margin-left: -@xf-elementSpacer;
    margin-right: -@xf-elementSpacer;
}
This is if your page node is full width where you place the slider - as the body content area in Xenforo is simply padded with the @xf-elementSpacer value.

2. To change the hover animation for category links, go to:
Style Properties -> Miscellaneous -> Block link - selected (extended)
Change the left border from 4px to 0.

I would also propose doing the same for:
Style Properties -> Popup menus -> Menu link row - selected (extended)

Let me know if these work for you! Feel free to link me the page with your slider if you need more help there.
-Robert

ChrisTERiS

Reaction score
Thank you Robert. I'm talking for this carousel and in the Node Page I'm using Bootstap, so I want to add it in a col-md-6 . Slick macro???

1590499580800.png

ChrisTERiS

Reaction score
Ok, I found the code:
Code:
<xf:if is="property('nlEnableSlider') == true">
    <xf:include template="nl_flexslider" />
</xf:if>
and works. The only that does not seems to work is when I uncheck "Show dot controls" the dots still appear there. Could you please tell me where is the js file with the default settings, so I can turn them off from there?

Thank you
Chris

ChrisTERiS

Reaction score
JFYI none of the controls can be turn off from settings, but they work by editing nl_flexslider template and setting:
Code:
arg-dots="false"
arg-arrows="false"

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, ah looks like you've uncovered a bug!

You're correct in the snippet you've provided, as that's what you should place on a custom page to show the theme slider. However as you noted, the dot/arrow control settings aren't working as they're hard set in the template. That section should actually be something like:

HTML:
        arg-dots="{{ property('nlSliderUseDotControls') }}"
        arg-arrows="{{ property('nlSliderUseArrowControls') }}"
I will address this right away.

Further, there's currently no setting to stretch this slider to full width. You could likely do this the same as my previous example:
Less:
.flexslider--primary {
    margin-left: -@xf-elementSpacer;
    margin-right: -@xf-elementSpacer;
}
Hope this clears things up.

Lastly, I'd just like to admit that all the slider functionality in Nulumia themes have mostly met limitations of being built into themes, as these were meant as "lightweight" solutions for those who don't wish to buy paid addons.

The standalone addon I've been developing for a while should easily be the most powerful slider for Xenforo - but it's taken a low priority with other work going on. Here's what's planned for the the "Ultimate Slider" when released:
  • Unified under Slick - no more Flexslider 2 kernel
  • Thumbnail icon navigation (optional)
  • Create multiple sliders in admin with live preview
  • Deploy created sliders with "shortcodes"
  • ONE SLIDER to hook into any supported third party addon - pull content from [XDinc] FTSlider, XenPorta 2, featured threads, XFMG, XFRM, DragonByte Tech eCommerce, etc. This will be truly exclusive feature.
  • Each created slider can be assigned to pull content from supported sources individually - or mixed
  • Additional styling than what's available in Nulumia themes
I'm really looking forward to working on this after the SEO & Index Tools public release!