Simplicity Office - Logo Icon Carousel

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

PaintSplasher

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Hey,

just a short question. I use the carousel for our forum supporter they pay a bit of money. The reason that not everyone can displayed at once as I've actually twelve of them inserted in the carousel, is not as equitable as I want to have them.

So my question, is it possible to start the carousel randomly on every pageload?

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

just a short question. I use the carousel for our forum supporter they pay a bit of money. The reason that not everyone can displayed at once as I've actually twelve of them inserted in the carousel, is not as equitable as I want to have them.

So my question, is it possible to start the carousel randomly on every pageload?
Happy to help, could you specify which you mean by randomly - as in a different widget/slide at center? Or display on more pages? It runs on Slick slider so definitely pretty flexible.

PaintSplasher

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for my late response!

As you know in the logo icon carousel settings there are Icon #1, Icon #2, Icon #3... and so on. This equals the order of icons published on the front page. Would be nice if there would be an option that "activate" a random order, for example: Icon #3, Icon #1, Icon #5, Icon #2... and so on. On next page load Icon #8, Icon #2, Icon #4, Icon #6..

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for my late response!

As you know in the logo icon carousel settings there are Icon #1, Icon #2, Icon #3... and so on. This equals the order of icons published on the front page. Would be nice if there would be an option that "activate" a random order, for example: Icon #3, Icon #1, Icon #5, Icon #2... and so on. On next page load Icon #8, Icon #2, Icon #4, Icon #6..
Good news as looks like there's at least an unofficial method of doing this which I will test and can supply you some drop-in code for now to use at your site:

I can then implement this in the next updates via an on/off checkbox :)

-Robert

PaintSplasher

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
@Nulumia , was you successfull to find a solution or did you post it already and I don't saw it?

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Nulumia , was you successfull to find a solution or did you post it already and I don't saw it?
I do have a working version of the feature - however I wasn't able to thoroughly test it before releasing in the latest theme framework (2.3.1rc1), so I will post you a template insert in the meantime :)

-Robert

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update on this topic,
Sorry for the delay as you may see there's been a huge rollout of updates to the shop catalog :eek:
I'll finish up testing on the random slider code and get it up before tomorrow,

-Robert

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey PaintSplasher, first of all I'd just like to say thanks so much for your patience while I test the randomizer, as this week has been quite hectic with product updates.

Attached is a text file containing a replacement template for:
nl_slick_macros

Simply navigation to Admin -> Appearance -> Templates under your active style and replace the entire contents with this file, then re-save. This way if you choose to undo the random feature or have any issue, you can simply revert the template back to inheriting the master theme.

I'm adding an option to both the icon slider, and the featured widget carousel in the next update, so you can turn it on/off anytime :)

Attachments

PaintSplasher

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Hey, don't worry. Between the years we all have our packages who stacks up and have to be done ;)

I replaced the template and everything works fine and was exactly what I wanted. So my supporters should be happy now :D

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, don't worry. Between the years we all have our packages who stacks up and have to be done ;)

I replaced the template and everything works fine and was exactly what I wanted. So my supporters should be happy now :D
That is really great to hear. If you have further suggestions please let me know. Much of the theme features here have been built off suggestions over time!

sunnywilson09

Reaction score
Hey PaintSplasher, first of all I'd just like to say thanks so much for your patience while I test the randomizer, as this week has been quite hectic with product updates.

Attached is a text file containing a replacement template for:
nl_slick_macros tubemate

Simply navigation to Admin -> Appearance -> Templates under your active style and replace the entire contents with this file, then re-save. This way if you choose to undo the random feature or have any issue, you can simply revert the template back to inheriting the master theme.
mobdro
I'm adding an option to both the icon slider, and the featured widget carousel in the next update, so you can turn it on/off anytime :)
Thank you for your quick reply. authorityapk

Last edited: