• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

LondonDragon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Currenlty playing around with the free styles as I am new to version 2 and just wanted to test them out.

Quick question, how do I change the row height?

row height.JPG

Of the two examples above?

Many thanks

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey London, glad you found the settings but just in case to propose the optimal method:

For row height, I would set this by increasing the padding values in..
Style Properties -> Node/forum list -> (Styling) Node padding - horizontal & Node padding - vertical

This is the best solution IMO as those settings will be inherited other places where node rows are used.

For the node category headers, they actually take the same padding as Block Headers in:
Style Properties -> Blocks -> Block head padding horizontal & Block head padding vertical.

However, you can override their styling via:
Style Properties -> Node/forum list -> Category title strip

-Robert I.

LondonDragon

Reaction score
Many thanks Robert, that's exactly how I did it, by adjusting the padding, hence I was getting confused where to change it!

On a side note, is there a way to change the text size on the Latest Post Widget, having trouble with that one, I just want to change the text size of the poster and date, but want to leave the title and forum sizes as is! Do I need to edit the widget template?

Cheers :)

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's actually in fact easy to do :)
I checked that there's no Style Property to edit, however you can add this to extra.less:
Less:
.block[data-widget-definition="new_posts"] .contentRow-minor {
    font-size: 12px;
    color: @xf-textColor;
}
Then just change the font-size and color in my example, and add whatever additional CSS you need.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for!
-Robert

LondonDragon

Reaction score
Many thanks, that worked a treat :)

Currently testing this on my test site before I apply it to the main production forum.