Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce [Xenforo Addons]

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Update: Support inquiries are still behind, but are being caught up rapidly while all products are receiving new updates. Thank you for your patience during this period of limited staffing. If you need priority for an issue, it's recommended to fill out a Support Ticket rather than use the forums. However all inquiries via any channel at this website will be addressed as soon as possible.
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!
Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A new product by Nulumia is available: Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce 1.0.0.1 - Adds enhanced, responsive product grids for DragonByte eCommerce addon

Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce 1.0.0.1

Description

Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce adds enhanced, improved product layouts for the popular shop addon by DragonByte Tech. By using specialized flexible grids and device-friendly layouts, you'll have a more consistent appearance for your shop.

Features:
  • Set number of products per row in the product grid list
  • New intelligent responsive grid: The layout attempts to use your specified number of products per row, but will scale to the next best setting when needed by the available space.
  • Perfectly scales across screen sizes and devices - no messy media queries and warped product thumbnails!
  • Product grids are now in a classic floating appearance, instead of within a block, for a more modern UI
  • Control spacing between products in the grid
  • Matched layouts across What's New pages
  • Change What's New -> New Products page between list or grid, or set to inherit to use the main shop setting
  • Choose to hide product description previews
  • Limit the max character count of product description previews
  • Prevent long, overflowing product descriptions within widgets in the sidebar
  • Specify max products per row setting on a per-widget basis, giving you more control over your shop appearance!
  • Should work great in many third-party themes. If you encounter an issue, feel free to request changes!

** IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD **

By downloading this addon, you should understand the following:

1. This addon is temporary, and will be replaced at a later time.
This addon is a temporary solution for enhancing eCommerce layouts, while a larger expansion addon for DragonByte eCommerce is being finished. When the larger version is complete, it will fully replace this addon.

2. This addon is not yet compatible with Nulumia themes
Similar functionality to this addon has been present in Nulumia themes for some time, though these features are being removed during the next updates. At that point, all free and pro Nulumia themes will require this addon moving forward to use customized eCommerce layouts.

If you are using a Nulumia theme, please keep an eye on change logs and notifications for when to install this addon.

Extended Product Information

Read more about this product...

JakePaul

JakePaul

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting it up, and sorry for all my nagging. I was hoping it would be ready for these themes from the start but I guess I can wait a little longer then :-(.

Any idea when the update will be ready? I've downloaded it but as per your instruction I won't install yet.

Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jake, thanks for your patience and the updates are well in the works. I can't release the new themes until the new framework is finalized - as it involved several major areas such as changes to the sliders and carousels. Will be pushing these out asap!

JakePaul

JakePaul

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Hi Jake, thanks for your patience and the updates are well in the works. I can't release the new themes until the new framework is finalized - as it involved several major areas such as changes to the sliders and carousels. Will be pushing these out asap!
Alrighty!

Cyb3r

Cyb3r

Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in this! furthermore I am using the xenDark style. I would like to have a store where I can link products to amazon. This would serve me together with the DragonByte eCommerce addon?

Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Cyb3r,
Hmm I'm not sure if DBTech's addon could be used for affiliate sales, at least out of the box. I'm quite familiar with using and customizing it, and I suppose you could simply hide or remove the front-end ability to purchase items, and instead use custom fields to link the user to the Amazon product.

That would at least allow you to use the addon to produce nice product pages, with specs and reviews etc. However again, this would involve some customization. There may be other affiliate based addons available, though I'm not aware of any off-hand.

Note that what I described above could also likely be done using Resource Manager, [XR] Product Manager, or RM Marketplace by [XFA] if you have preferences.

Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A new update is available for Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce by Nulumia.

Responsive Product Grids for DragonByte eCommerce 1.0.1.1

Update highlights

This update is the final release for DragonByte eCommerce versions released for Xenforo 2.1.x, including up to DragonByte eCommerce 2.1.2.

If you are upgrading to DragonByte eCommerce releases for Xenforo 2.2, please check for further addon updates made for those versions.

Complete Change Log

• Updated for compatibility with latest DragonByte eCommerce editions (2.1.2)

Read more about this product...

Bastty

Bastty

Reaction score
Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bastty, if you need this for the latest version of Xenforo and DragonByte eCommerce, the new update will work for this.

F

FloV

Reaction score
Do you know when the expension AddOn for the DragonByte eCommerce Shop will be available? Maybe you need a beta tester or so? Also, i would be interested in funding the development (if needed).

Nulumia

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi FloV, thanks for asking.
The DragonByte eCommerce Improvements addon has no ETA unfortunately. It's in fairly deep development and I do have an obligation to provide my work with the author at DragonByte first in the case of feature adoption. That, and the recent major changes in XF 2.2 and new editions of DragonByte are adding a lot of work to the project.

After the next major offer & answer of feature adoption of the "in-progress" build, I will of course reveal a preview and feature set with screenshots.

What I can explain now regarding features being worked on:
  • Alternate product page layouts
  • Customizable sidebar positions for almost all areas of the shop
  • New widgets (Most Downloaded, Most Liked, Top Sales, Recommended etc)
  • Up-sells and Cross-sells
  • Visual sale banner designer + deploy to front-end as new notice type
  • Numerous product carousels and mosaic grids
If you have any recommendations, please let me know!