• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

MikeTC6

Customer
Customer
Reaction score
Good day,
I am inquiring about the image which displays here under the navigation, I am trying to replace this with my own:
_1  What's new   Forums.png
Is there a recommended size for this? I don't want too big an image which increases page size, but don't want it looking blurry either.

Thank you for any advice.
Mike

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
Hope you're enjoying Motortrend theme! So the page header background by default is 1000 x 570px. There's no specific dimensions needed, but something around that size should be fine. You could probably go down to 400-500px tall as long as the image is sufficiently wide.

Note that it also depends on whether you're using the parallax scrolling mode, which is enabled by default. A larger image here allows for it to scroll smoothly without "cutting off".

If you disable the scrolling, you could use a wider/shorter fixed image to closely fit the space.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need more help!

-Robert I.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another note, it's good to save your image in an optimized format (Save for Web - 50 or 60 Quality JPG) if you're using Photoshop or GIMP. Or you can run your image through https://tinyjpg.com for free:

I wouldn't worry too much about compression as the colored gradient over the image also helps to mask this.