What's new

DarkTabbed LightTabbed Minor tweaks and adjustments....

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

Paul

Hi there :)
I have a couple of requests for assistance please :)
I am looking to run Darktabbed, with Lighttabbed as a sub theme, therefore inheriting some of the aspects from the Darker one (Dark being the main!).

Have installed and am setting up now, but looking for advice on some small tweaks i would like to make. I have managed others, however am not over familiar with the intter workings of Xf...

1. Looking to Decrease the size highlighted by Red in the below...

2. I love the Sticky navigation bar piece - However is there any way to extend that to the "New posts/Find threads etc" part as well?? The arrow down part is neat, however people on my site would get confused.. if they could both remain visible that would be great!

3. Feature Request : Not sure if you want me to post in suggestions, however will place here anyhow to keep all together..
Lots of websites now have Top/Bottom single touch scroll bars now - Ebay is one example. These live visible on the page in the corner almost like an overlay, and allow one touch click to go directly to the Top/Bottom of the page....
Here's an example from another skin i have :
Is this something that might be able to be added please??
Many thanks for a pair of Great skins!!
Cheers
Paul

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delays Paul with all the busy development going on.
Happy to go over these questions for you:

1. Increase node row padding
This can be done via:
Style Properties -> Forum/node list -> Node padding - vertical

2. Sticky sub-navigation links
This can be adjusted via:
Style Properties -> Header & navigation (regular Xenforo group, not the [Nulumia] property group) -> Sticky navigation element
Change this to "Primary and sub-navigation rows".

3. Up/down arrows
I can absolutely add this! Thanks for the suggestion and it's been entered at the feature tracker page:

Paul

Many thanks for the reply :)

I have noticed that 3 above can actually be enabled from within Xenforo!!, and therefore no need to develop!!.
Style properties -> page setup -> Display page jump buttons on scroll

1590150177381.png
:)

2. Sticky sub-navigation links
This can be adjusted via:
Style Properties -> Header & navigation (regular Xenforo group, not the [Nulumia] property group) -> Sticky navigation element
Change this to "Primary and sub-navigation rows".
With regards to this one, yes it works, however it isnt clear since the sub navigation blends into the page content, and means it is unreadible at times....
1590150360630.png
Is there any chance that the Sub navigation could be included in the top block (even as an option) please??

Finally :
1. Increase node row padding
This can be done via:
Style Properties -> Forum/node list -> Node padding - vertical
This doesnt seem to make any difference?? Are we talking about Node view or thread view (i was wanting to change the height when viewing a list of threads within a node)....??

Many thanks :)
Paul

Paul

Apologies - another question... There seems to be an extended boarder on the Top logo (the bottom one seems fine!!). Any way i can remove (or at least reduce) them at all please - Marked in read below...

1590218239468.png

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Paul, sorry that latest inquiry was missed. This is a very simple change at:
Style Properties -> Header & navigation-> Header/logo row inner content

For this property, you'll find 30px of padding applied as seen here:
darktabbed-header-padding.jpg

Reducing these should work for your idea. Let me know if this helps!

Regards
-Robert

Paul

Hiya Robert,
Does make a difference - thank you - So i have a new logo, want to be able to enlarge it to fill the space a little better... the one at the bottom is ace and massive :)

Here's the top one..

1593096956553.png

How can i increase the size allowed please? here's the relative Size... i would like the top Logo the same size at the bottom one!!
1593098144438.png

Many thanks
Paul

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
@Paul, that should be very easy to do - although to admit I've never tested with using a logo image that large :)

You can try adjusting the max height for your logo image via:
Style Properties -> [Nulumia] Header & Navigation -> Logo settings -> Logo max height

Setting that to a larger value will allow your image to scale up. Of course your image would need to be of a large size as that value will only shrink a larger image to fit the value - it will never scale an image up to it.

Let me know if that works for you,

Paul

@Paul, that should be very easy to do - although to admit I've never tested with using a logo image that large :)

You can try adjusting the max height for your logo image via:
Style Properties -> [Nulumia] Header & Navigation -> Logo settings -> Logo max height

Setting that to a larger value will allow your image to scale up. Of course your image would need to be of a large size as that value will only shrink a larger image to fit the value - it will never scale an image up to it.

Let me know if that works for you,
(Edited after a little playing!!)

So these logo's are taken from the same source.. /community/styles/nulumia/dtab/xenforo/skin/logo-temp.png
Image size 1024x576

So why cant i get the one on the top at the very most the same size as the bottom one??

When i expand the top one (as you suggested) and set it to say 1200px Logo max height it makes no size difference, when the bottom one is massive....!

So currently - Whatever i put into Style Properties -> [Nulumia] Header & Navigation -> Logo settings -> Logo max height is ignored !!!

This is now the only thing (other than the bug i reported earlier) that is stopping me from releasing this as the main theme on my site :cry:

Last edited:

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
@Paul - well this is interesting, looks like you uncovered a bug which must have occurred in one of the previous updates :oops:, sorry about that!

The Logo Max Height setting isn't currently applying in DarkTabbed. I'm glad this was caught as the new XF 2.1.10 rollout for the shop catalog is going up today, so I'll be sure to fit this in.

In the meantime, you could add this to extra.less:
Less:
// Hotfix
// Remove after theme version 2.1.10.0+
.p-header-logo.p-header-logo--image img {
    max-height: 600px; // Edit this value
}
You can change the 600px to whatever you like, but that should be enough to produce a very large logo.

A final note, I don't recommend saving your custom logos over the provided styles/dtab/xenforo/skin/logo-temp.png. This file is provided as "logo-temp.png" as a dummy logo, so as not to overwrite an actual logo that users may save with the common name of "logo.png". If you were to upload a new theme update, it would overwrite the logo-temp.png file.

I'd recommend saving your logo to another location or just calling it logo.png to be safe :)
Hope these tips can help,

-Robert

Paul

@Paul - well this is interesting, looks like you uncovered a bug which must have occurred in one of the previous updates :oops:, sorry about that!

The Logo Max Height setting isn't currently applying in DarkTabbed. I'm glad this was caught as the new XF 2.1.10 rollout for the shop catalog is going up today, so I'll be sure to fit this in.

In the meantime, you could add this to extra.less:
Less:
// Hotfix
// Remove after theme version 2.1.10.0+
.p-header-logo.p-header-logo--image img {
    max-height: 600px; // Edit this value
}
You can change the 600px to whatever you like, but that should be enough to produce a very large logo.

A final note, I don't recommend saving your custom logos over the provided styles/dtab/xenforo/skin/logo-temp.png. This file is provided as "logo-temp.png" as a dummy logo, so as not to overwrite an actual logo that users may save with the common name of "logo.png". If you were to upload a new theme update, it would overwrite the logo-temp.png file.

I'd recommend saving your logo to another location or just calling it logo.png to be safe :)
Hope these tips can help,

-Robert
Perfect - works spot on Robert - thanks!!
(For your info - is the same in LightTabbed!).

With regards to your info on the logo file - where would i change this in the config to point to a different source please (Rather than the logo-temp.png)??
Thanks
Paul

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
No problem, that's done in Style Properties -> Basic options -> Logo image URL. This is the same for other Xenforo styles outside of Nulumia. Note that you can also set the navigation small logo and larger retina logos here at that same page.

The new theme updates are being rolled out including this and many other fixes & features :)

Paul

@Nulumia - Many thanks!
Please could i ask you take a look at this one i have marked as a bug, as a matter of urgency...
Is a rather major issue!
Many thanks
Paul

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
@Nulumia - Many thanks!
Please could i ask you take a look at this one i have marked as a bug, as a matter of urgency...
Is a rather major issue!
Many thanks
Paul
Fixed!