What's new

DarkTabbed LightTabbed Minor tweaks and adjustments....

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

Paul

Hi there :)
I have a couple of requests for assistance please :)
I am looking to run Darktabbed, with Lighttabbed as a sub theme, therefore inheriting some of the aspects from the Darker one (Dark being the main!).

Have installed and am setting up now, but looking for advice on some small tweaks i would like to make. I have managed others, however am not over familiar with the intter workings of Xf...

1. Looking to Decrease the size highlighted by Red in the below...

2. I love the Sticky navigation bar piece - However is there any way to extend that to the "New posts/Find threads etc" part as well?? The arrow down part is neat, however people on my site would get confused.. if they could both remain visible that would be great!

3. Feature Request : Not sure if you want me to post in suggestions, however will place here anyhow to keep all together..
Lots of websites now have Top/Bottom single touch scroll bars now - Ebay is one example. These live visible on the page in the corner almost like an overlay, and allow one touch click to go directly to the Top/Bottom of the page....
Here's an example from another skin i have :
Is this something that might be able to be added please??
Many thanks for a pair of Great skins!!
Cheers
Paul

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delays Paul with all the busy development going on.
Happy to go over these questions for you:

1. Increase node row padding
This can be done via:
Style Properties -> Forum/node list -> Node padding - vertical

2. Sticky sub-navigation links
This can be adjusted via:
Style Properties -> Header & navigation (regular Xenforo group, not the [Nulumia] property group) -> Sticky navigation element
Change this to "Primary and sub-navigation rows".

3. Up/down arrows
I can absolutely add this! Thanks for the suggestion and it's been entered at the feature tracker page:

Paul

Many thanks for the reply :)

I have noticed that 3 above can actually be enabled from within Xenforo!!, and therefore no need to develop!!.
Style properties -> page setup -> Display page jump buttons on scroll

1590150177381.png
:)

2. Sticky sub-navigation links
This can be adjusted via:
Style Properties -> Header & navigation (regular Xenforo group, not the [Nulumia] property group) -> Sticky navigation element
Change this to "Primary and sub-navigation rows".
With regards to this one, yes it works, however it isnt clear since the sub navigation blends into the page content, and means it is unreadible at times....
1590150360630.png
Is there any chance that the Sub navigation could be included in the top block (even as an option) please??

Finally :
1. Increase node row padding
This can be done via:
Style Properties -> Forum/node list -> Node padding - vertical
This doesnt seem to make any difference?? Are we talking about Node view or thread view (i was wanting to change the height when viewing a list of threads within a node)....??

Many thanks :)
Paul

Paul

Apologies - another question... There seems to be an extended boarder on the Top logo (the bottom one seems fine!!). Any way i can remove (or at least reduce) them at all please - Marked in read below...

1590218239468.png