What's new

b33z

Hello.
Just wondering what the code bit was to insert the LogoIconSlider in a custom location as per the settings

note: style is DarkTabbed if it makes any difference

thanks for your time!

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Hi b33z,
It's been quite a while since I've tested dropping this in custom positions, however it would be done by placing this code anywhere:
Code:
<xf:include template="nl_slick_rotator" />
However, keep in mind that it will still take the styling according to the options set in [Nulumia] Logo Icon Carousel, such as block-style or transparent row, full-width row, fit to edge of page, etc.

Now that I consider this, I will look into assigning some of these options to the main locations only, and allow you to drop in a custom slider anywhere without taking those styles.

Let me know if this helps,

b33z

Hi b33z,
It's been quite a while since I've tested dropping this in custom positions, however it would be done by placing this code anywhere:
Code:
<xf:include template="nl_slick_rotator" />
However, keep in mind that it will still take the styling according to the options set in [Nulumia] Logo Icon Carousel, such as block-style or transparent row, full-width row, fit to edge of page, etc.

Now that I consider this, I will look into assigning some of these options to the main locations only, and allow you to drop in a custom slider anywhere without taking those styles.

Let me know if this helps,
Thats great thanks! Also thinking it might be pretty cool to have two (or more perhaps) sliders with independent settings so as to be placed in multiple places for different reasons. if that makes any sense lol

b33z

Just a little update..
So far its working everywhere I put it! I'll let you know if any issues come up.

Thanks again!

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Thats great thanks! Also thinking it might be pretty cool to have two (or more perhaps) sliders with independent settings so as to be placed in multiple places for different reasons. if that makes any sense lol
Currently you can actually produce a slider out of any group of content - there's just no documentation on this yet, as it hasn't exactly been finalized. It runs on Slick slider which you can see here:

For example, the following markup:
HTML:
<ul class="your-element">
    <li>Item one..</li>
    <li>Item two..</li>
</ul>
Simply paste this macro afterwards in your template:
HTML:
<xf:macro template="nl_slick_macros" name="custom"
          arg-element=".your-element" />
That should be enough to create a slider! Here is the full list of available arguments. Only arg-element is mandatory in any usage (and should be the parent class of the items you'd like to be slides). Everything else will default to the shown values.
HTML:
<xf:macro template="nl_slick_macros" name="custom"
          arg-element=".your-element"
          arg-dots="true"
          arg-arrows="true"
          arg-speed="300"
          arg-slidesToShow="3"
          arg-slidesToScroll="1"
          arg-autoplay="true"
          arg-autoplaySpeed="4000"
          arg-centerMode="false"
          arg-centerPadding="40px"
          arg-variableWidth="false"
          arg-vertical="false" />
You can assign this to any markup where a containing element (div, ul etc) with a class has direct elements within it. Takes very minor HTML knowledge but easy to do once you get going! As this functionality is built into all the themes, I've in-fact used this to make various sliders here at nulumia.com :)