What's new

Headquarters Theme

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

Jaidyn

Just a quick question - is the phpBB theme "Headquarters" fully compatible with the latest release of phpBB board? Further, is the theme available in both fixed/fluid width options?

I tried running the demo but the link leads to an error page, so I couldn't really test the theme or anything.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick question - is the phpBB theme "Headquarters" fully compatible with the latest release of phpBB board? Further, is the theme available in both fixed/fluid width options?

I tried running the demo but the link leads to an error page, so I couldn't really test the theme or anything.
Sorry wasn't able to get back on this sooner,
Headquarters is still only available for phpBB 3.1.9 and hasn't made the port yet for 3.2+. I don't have an ETA on this yet as it's a major code overhaul with many new 3rd party addons being supported (many have since released since phpBB3.1.9).

Kindly
-Robert

Jaidyn

Thanks very much for answering. The community I'm helping out with phpBB 3.2+ has a temporary theme in place which works but was interested in Headquarters - so I'll just keep an eye out for any updates. They are not using any 3rd party add-ons except the official phpBB extensions located here: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/official-extensions/ - just to give you an idea.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks very much for answering. The community I'm helping out with phpBB 3.2+ has a temporary theme in place which works but was interested in Headquarters - so I'll just keep an eye out for any updates. They are not using any 3rd party add-ons except the official phpBB extensions located here: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/official-extensions/ - just to give you an idea.
I am definitely trying to expedite the phpBB3.2 ports! Addon compatibility is definitely a major part as I want to ensure (like Xenforo 2 themes found here), that the most popular phpBB extensions will look seamless.

I will try to post news/updates here on phpBB work soon as possible,

Jaidyn

Much appreciated. :love:

Your forum themes are unlike any other I've found on the internet, so I check back every so often to see if there is anything new in the works. I'd still love to see a working preview for the Headquarters theme for phpbb if you can get that working, sometime!

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Much appreciated. :love:

Your forum themes are unlike any other I've found on the internet, so I check back every so often to see if there is anything new in the works. I'd still love to see a working preview for the Headquarters theme for phpbb if you can get that working, sometime!
Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoy the themes here. The new pjhpBB3.2 themes have mostly been delayed as Xenforo 2 has been such a major platform, but they are coming! :)

Jaidyn

Yes, I know - I've been enjoying your XenForo themes for a while now <3 although lack of funding has kept me back from supporting Nulumia as much as I would like - but I do hope you expand into phpBB territory once more. It's such a POPULAR forum platform, and currently the most popular in the world, in fact - but there are no good looking, professional themes for it that I have found so far - and the few premium ones that are out there, leave a lot to be desired. 🙁

Serpius

Yes, I know - I've been enjoying your XenForo themes for a while now <3 although lack of funding has kept me back from supporting Nulumia as much as I would like - but I do hope you expand into phpBB territory once more. It's such a POPULAR forum platform, and currently the most popular in the world, in fact - but there are no good looking, professional themes for it that I have found so far - and the few premium ones that are out there, leave a lot to be desired. 🙁
In a similar way, I was in the same boat as you were in using phpBB.

I was using MyBB as my sole website software, but in the last few years, the development of MyBB has lagged so far behind that MyBB as a forum software will no longer be a viable option in the future.

I was facing the same situation until I decided to make the switch to Xenforo. Yes, it's not a cheap option, but it's a vital option for the future goals of my website.

At this time of writing this post (May 12, 2020), my website is getting a major overhaul through the hard work of Nulumia.

Yes, I hired Nulumia to re-do my website completely. If you were to visit my website now and compare what it will look like when the project is completed, it is NIGHT and DAY!

Current screenshot of the main page of my website.

Preview of the new website design. (not 100% completed)

The difference is HUGE!

My point to this? I would have NEVER been able to accomplish this if I was still using MyBB software.
Of course, there are many great themes for MyBB (paid and free), but none of the themes would be able to be to do the same things that I can do with Xenforo and the great themes that Nulumia has.

I hope this helps in your decision-making for the future of your website.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
In a similar way, I was in the same boat as you were in using phpBB.

I was using MyBB as my sole website software, but in the last few years, the development of MyBB has lagged so far behind that MyBB as a forum software will no longer be a viable option in the future.

I was facing the same situation until I decided to make the switch to Xenforo. Yes, it's not a cheap option, but it's a vital option for the future goals of my website.

At this time of writing this post (May 12, 2020), my website is getting a major overhaul through the hard work of Nulumia.

Yes, I hired Nulumia to re-do my website completely. If you were to visit my website now and compare what it will look like when the project is completed, it is NIGHT and DAY!

Current screenshot of the main page of my website.

Preview of the new website design. (not 100% completed)

The difference is HUGE!

My point to this? I would have NEVER been able to accomplish this if I was still using MyBB software.
Of course, there are many great themes for MyBB (paid and free), but none of the themes would be able to be to do the same things that I can do with Xenforo and the great themes that Nulumia has.

I hope this helps in your decision-making for the future of your website.
Thanks Serpius for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Yes Xenforo is definitely one of the priciest options for forum software, but after working on so many other platforms similar to how you mentioned, I feel it really does justify the price if you're looking to have a solid and professional core platform. Feature sets, security, scalability and extremely deep developer tools allow it to be expanded in many creative ways.

Very much looking forward to getting things rolled out with your website, which I feel will be a good reflection on the power of Xenforo as well :)

-Robert