What's new

Background images for Nodes?

Trekkan

Using the Aftermath theme, I found that the node images are stored in the template: nl_node_backgrounds.less

The reason I was looking for this is that currently (default), all of the nodes show the same image for the background and don't appear to be using the nodeids? Granted, I have no idea how these node ids are referenced, but believe it or not, I did attempt to read documenation first. ;)

Unfortunately, the Aftermath documentation doesn't contain a section for "Node Settings", just the content link to it (no actual content though).

Thanks for your help!

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Using the Aftermath theme, I found that the node images are stored in the template: nl_node_backgrounds.less

The reason I was looking for this is that currently (default), all of the nodes show the same image for the background and don't appear to be using the nodeids? Granted, I have no idea how these node ids are referenced, but believe it or not, I did attempt to read documenation first. ;)

Unfortunately, the Aftermath documentation doesn't contain a section for "Node Settings", just the content link to it (no actual content though).

Thanks for your help!
Hi Trekkan, my apologies and thanks for bringing this to my attention -- it appears when moving documentation to the online version the Node content slipped by :oops:.

I should have all this posted up by tomorrow but in the meantime, that's correct the node images are all entered via the template you mentioned. To find the node ID for each image, you can do this by either going to Admin -> Forums -> Nodes, or by visiting your front-end forum page. Then, hovering over (or visiting) each node should show you link in your browser to that node. Each one should have an ID number appended to the end, for example:
sitename.com/forums/main-discussion.17/

You would then change the image in the nl_node_backgrounds.less template under the node_id17 entry. Keep in mind I supply about 30 starter entries in this template, you can simply copy and paste more if you have many nodes.

Lastly, I actually recommend TH Nodes addon if you're interested in a more robust solution. It is a paid addon, but allows you to do all this directly in the Admin -> Forums -> Nodes page - not by editing templates. My system is just a free feature included in the style itself :)

Trekkan

Hey, no problem at all, I'm a software engineer myself and I WISH I had documentation as good as yours. =)

Thanks for the detailed explanation as well, I thought that's how it worked, but wasn't sure and hadn't had the time to test it out yet. I'll continue to use your setup, it seems simple enough and does what I need. =) Thanks again!

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, no problem at all, I'm a software engineer myself and I WISH I had documentation as good as yours. =)

Thanks for the detailed explanation as well, I thought that's how it worked, but wasn't sure and hadn't had the time to test it out yet. I'll continue to use your setup, it seems simple enough and does what I need. =) Thanks again!
Thanks and I am re-writing the Node Settings documentation before posting today, as there's been quite a number of changes since it was last edited :). I'll reply back here specifically when it's ready.

moltolivea

I've tried everything and I'm getting desperate !
Does anybody out there knows how to add different backgrounds to different nodes ???
I've tried already this a DIV : http://drupal.org/node/182672
And this directly in the css :
#node-18 {
background-image: url(images/banner_02);
}
And with a table bu the text alligns in the middle
Getting very tired,please just a simple clear question , i've searched allover the drupal-site couldn't find anything !!!!
Just want 7 nodes with 7 different background , that can't be that hard ???? Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited:

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
@mololivea
I am just confirming with you that I moved your topic into Direct Message. I have already attempted to assist with this issue, and as you mention you opened a support ticket, there is still no thread here or outreach by email.

Please check your DM's here: