What's new

Arcade add-on

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

Bastty

Like I saw on xF official community, many people ask for this add-on and no one has made it yet to work on xF 2.* version.
My research drop me on this post, but that add-on is for xF 1.* i think. Will you guys have a look and maybe think to do that add-on in future, for xF 2.* version?
Thank you.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
So I believe most of the downfall of arcades for forums was due to the replacement of Flash by HTML5. Not only is Flash not supported by default in most modern browsers (you have to enable it manually or click to allow Flash content), but it's advised against in many cases as a security issue.

Now there are games being made, or older ones that were ported over to HTML5, but I believe the strong collapse of Flash caused many authors to simply abandon shop and move on. Many arcade plugins IMO are still running older models, for site owners still wishing to run them - but are no longer mainstream :-/.

I'd have to look more at how browser games have grown in the post-Flash landscape.