Aftermath Doesn't Work With BBCODE [Fixed]

• Due to an extraordinary current load of development for our small team, and due to the current COVID-19 situation, support and inquiry channels may be delayed. Please allow up to 48 hours for response. We THANK YOU for your patience!
  • Our new powerful addon, SEO & Index Tools is almost released for Early Access! Early customers will be able to beta test the addon at a lower, locked-in license price. Stay tuned for announcements!

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
Hello. I recently purchased the skin Aftermath - Dark Tactical and it does not work with many advanced BBCODEs. It's the first skin I've come across that doesn't and I'm not sure if there's something I can do to fix it on my side. Any support would be appreciated. If it's just not a skin that works with advanced BBCODE, is it possible to get a refund? It's a super awesome skin, but my users depend on/regularly use advanced BBCODE.

Examples of my issue. I have more if more are needed.

My Skin

Aftermath

My Skin

Aftermath

Last edited:

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
It's also not displaying prefixes properly.

My Skin

Aftermath

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
Really sorry for adding more to this! I just noticed it now. It also does not display user banners or custom user fields.

My skin

Aftermath

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks KylieD for reporting these!
I am looking thoroughly over the BBCodes this afternoon and will report back with any solutions. Can you let me know any BBCode related plugin/addon which you may be using?

As for the custom banners/fields, as of last testing these were working so I will double check these.

Because Aftermath is being released soon for XF 2.1.3, at worse case I will bundle any changes into the new release if they cannot be included in a hotfix.

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
I am using these BBCODES (most of them, anyway)

The right/left align BBCODE that wraps text around images, as seen in the above images. That one does not work on Aftermath.

My tech admin has also created a bunch of BBCODES. He told me to say none of them are tied into templates. If you'd like a screenshot of them all I don't mind providing them! I'd really like to be able to use this skin!

Overall I have 49 advanced BBCODES. As I said, my users are very much dependent on them and use them daily, and I still have some BBCODE requests of theirs I haven't filled.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using these BBCODES (most of them, anyway)

The right/left align BBCODE that wraps text around images, as seen in the above images. That one does not work on Aftermath.

My tech admin has also created a bunch of BBCODES. He told me to say none of them are tied into templates. If you'd like a screenshot of them all I don't mind providing them! I'd really like to be able to use this skin!

Overall I have 49 advanced BBCODES. As I said, my users are very much dependent on them and use them daily, and I still have some BBCODE requests of theirs I haven't filled.
Thanks so much for that info! As you may have seen in some of the product descriptions, I very much pride having full support and integration with as many Xenforo addons as possible - so we'll for certain get these covered.

If you'd like to send a screenshot (here or via PM) of some of your custom BBCodes, that would be terrific :)

I will keep you posted here,

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll send you a screenshot asap!

I figured out the issue with the prefixes and userbanners. They were tied to my extra less. Sorry about that!

I still do not know why the custom user fields aren't showing, though. We only add them using the Custom User Field section in the acp and don't do more than that.

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently adding full support for the Advanced BBCodes Pack, and will have an update out for this asap. Thanks for your patience!

KylieD

Star Customer
Reaction score
Currently adding full support for the Advanced BBCodes Pack, and will have an update out for this asap. Thanks for your patience!
Thanks so much! I'm super excited! Found anything out about the missing custom user fields? Those are important to my forum too and the last issue I came across. Is there a place I need to 'turn them on' for the skin or is it just something I need to wait on for a fix? Sorry for so many questions.

EDIT: Yes there is a place in the skin where you have to turn on the custom user fields! Awesome! Everything is sorted then.

Last edited:

Nulumia

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'm super excited! Found anything out about the missing custom user fields? Those are important to my forum too and the last issue I came across. Is there a place I need to 'turn them on' for the skin or is it just something I need to wait on for a fix? Sorry for so many questions.

EDIT: Yes there is a place in the skin where you have to turn on the custom user fields! Awesome! Everything is sorted then.
No problem with any questions, feel free to ask or send as many requests as you want - I'm always updating themes and many features are from user suggestions :).

Glad you found the user custom fields, yes I believe in XF2 the custom fields are set via Style Properties -- not as a global option. I'll check that these properties are set to inherit overall defaults if this is possible.

Otherwise, looking to release the Custom BBCodes update asap!